Today was the day of our algebra quiz. It was remotely easy, until I reached the last two problems. "huh?" I thought to myself. "This makes no sense whatsoever.. this number subtracted by this number can't possibly equal to this number!" A little aggravated, I decided to redo the whole problem- only to come out with the same result, no answer. And so, I decided to do some more possible tries, my handwriting growing steadily darker and accented as the grip on my pencil tighted. "Was it possible that the teacher made a mistake?" Nooo... if I asked her that this problem was 'unsolveable' she would classify me into one of students that fail to pay attention! I couldn't allow that to happen- though it probably already has... ^_^ Finding that any more work was useless after more hard core scribbling, I decided to just... guess. It was quite obvious that if there was a possible answer to these two equations, then I wasn't paying attention in class when the teacher was teaching it to us. I found that a bit hard to believe since I was actually paying attention in class the day before. Shrugging my shoulders and putting on a "whatever." face, I put my two best guesses down, and turned in the quiz paper. Going back to my desk, I took out my world geography flash cards and began to study the countries and capitals of the world. The thoughts "Why do I even bother?" and "I'm going to fail anyway.." kept drifting across my mind making my memorization a little difficult. The silence was broken in the class when a girl in the front seat decided to loudly announce that the last two problems on the quiz simply did not make sense. The teacher smiled and went to the board. She ripped off a sheet of paper she had covered, and lo and behold! Two problems that were the correct ones were written there. A loud murmur of "huh?" and "what?" went through the classroom. The teacher simply smiled a smile that somehow annoyed me and says,"No one came up to me and asked about it. So I assumed nothing was wrong." A couple seconds of silence. A voice breaks out,"So since I told you that those two problems don't make sense, do I get extra credit?" Smiling that extremely irrating smile of hers, the teacher nods her head and writes 'plus 5 pts' on her quiz paper. An angel and a devil pop up on either side of my shoulders. "How unfair! You need to make a complaint about this!" A devil me says while waving her pitchfork wildly in the air. "Certainly not!" The angel me clasps her hands together as if in prayer. "It was your own fault for not going to the teacher!" Shaking my head in disbelief, I hit my head several times on my desk. Today was simply not my day.
create a one page magazine advertisement for a fictional product or company whose logo or brand name is based on a mythological figure. the ad must be in full color on an eight and a half by eleven sheet of typing paper and mounted on a nine by twelve sheet of construction paper. you may not use clip art or other computer generated images, however you may use photographs you have taken of yourself of course, original drawings. your grade will be the overall attractiveness/neatness of your ad, its creativity, and the connection between the product/company and the mythological figure. this is due tuesday, october fifth (my dad's birthday) and counts as two daily grades. so, who wants to help me?!?!?!