Today I played for a wedding reception. It wasn't really fun... kinda boring... I played over the many voices who were way above the 'inside volume'. A woman came to me while I was playing and cried,"I want to take you home, you sound so pretty!" O_O That scared me a little bit, and I gave her my uncomfortable "heh" look. After the reception we shoved the harp into the van and raced home.. I still had finals to study for...Right when I got home, I plopped myself in front of the computer. Technology was never really "my thing"... I never did know how to keep the viruses out of my computer, never really did know how to download things, and researching always took awhile. It was always nice how the computer never did the things I wanted it to. When I used to call my sister for help, she would undergo the exact procedures I had just done, but somehow, she would get the wanted results, while I would stand there with my mouth gaping. Then of course, she would shoot me a glare for wasting her time and then leave the room alone with the computer. Today, I checked my email. My friend had sent me some very useful outlines from the textbook- that's good since we turned in our books last week. So while I was clicking print, I did my review for the next day's final. Looking at the clock on the bottom right hand corner, I noticed that and hour and a half had passed by and there was no response from my printer. Blinking confusedly, I checked everything, all the wires, all the other junk, and everything seemed to be fine... except for the fact that it wasn't printing. A little irritated, I shot some dirty looks to the high tech. machine hoping that it would persuade the printer to work.. but no such luck. After much yelling, pounding and hair tearing attempts to get the printer to work, I gave it a good pound on the top. Pounding... is not good for the machine. And although I knew that... I did it anyway.. ^^" Looking around to see if my mom or dad had been around to witness my awful tantrum, I settled back into my seat. I convinced myself that if this did not kill me, it would only make me stronger. I chanted this a few times, and when I still did not feel better, I tried to "Consider 'my trial' pure joy, whenever I face trials of many kinds, because I know that the testing of my faith develops perseverence. [James 1:2-3]. And still when that did not work, I counted to ten... at number 9 I decided to count to 20. Breathing deeply I decided to let the printer live for its incompetence and instead declared war upon it. At least it'd have a chance to fight for its pitiful life. mwahahhahahaha... what will happen to the 'poor printer'? stay tuned.....

Popular posts from this blog