This evening, I went to WHCC for my uncle's concert. He conducted a choir which contained of middle aged (and elderly) men and women. To attain extra hours for high school credit, I had "volunteered" to be the flower girl! The flower girl's duty is to present a bouquet of flowers to those who are acknowledged for a job well done and should be recognized for their hard work and dedication. Dressed in a pink outfit, I sat right in the middle of my father and mother, my mother claiming the aisle seat. If only the choir had sang in english, I'm certain it would have captured my attention, but it hadn't, and it left me bored. Very bored. I picked up the red ticket that you had to have to get in and began to tear it into little, tiny pieces. To sucessfully tear a sheet of paper, you must first fold it, and crease it numerous times to get the deisired straight line when you tear them apart. Yes. And I had fun tearing the ticket apart. Every so often, I would often glance over to see my mother giving me disapproving looks. Disregarding the glares, I continued to tear until she snatched away the ticket. A bit discouraged, I took the hair tie off my wrist and made a star, then a double star, and then other figures and shapes. Taking the second hair tie, I encouraged my dad to make whatever he could with it. He took it and made a star, and a double star. Unimpressed, he looked over to me only to find that I knew how to conjure those shapes. Rearranging the hair tie, he made an airplane. Interested, I quickly motioned for him to teach me. While in the process of learning, my mother interrupted our lesson with a fearful glare. Immediatly intimidated, we had stopped our fun. My father and I sat obediently in our seats and made no more noise. We listened silently to the choir. There was this one group that came up.. men's quartet. A man occasionally sang loudly off-key,it captured our attention. Giggling in our little corner, another fearful glance sent our way instantly doused any happy faces. As the concert dragged on, I could see my poor father with his eyes closed and his head nodding, indicating he was bored and sleepy. Amused, I decided to leave him be and let him get in trouble with mother. He wasn't going to get in that much trouble anyway.

Popular posts from this blog