My family and I went out for dinner, except my sister of course who was out with some friends. My mother always did say that she treated the house like a hotel... all she would do is sleep there and eat there. ^_^ So we went out for a nice dinner. We ordered many delicious dishes which were all consumed in a couple of minutes. At the end of dinner I observed that my father's belly was a little larger than usual. Laughing, I whispered loudly to my mother,"Look! Daddy's pregnant!" My mother laughed and said,"Nine months." Turning to my father, I asked him,"Boy or girl?" "Both!" my mother piped in. "How can they be both?" I questioned. "They're twins Daphne..." She shook her head as if I was supposed to understand it. I laughed teasingly at my father and peeked a glance at him. His face was one of his funniest ones. It seemed like he didn't understand what was going on at first, but then as he slowly began to get it, his face broke into a smile. He reasoned.. You're not laughing at me.. You're laughing with me. He jerks his head towards me and says "Hey, ask if it's a boy or girl again." Obediently, I asked him,"Boy or girl?" He giggles and says,"You're a boy!" Then turns around quickly and snickers into his napkin thinking it was quite funny. Sadly, the other occupants at the table were very silent. I blinked at him and questioningly cocked my head at my mother. She gave me one her 'I don't really care' looks and shrugged. Finishing his snickering, my father turned back to us and abrubtly straightened up as if nothing had happened. We paid for our bill and left the restuarant. Yet another weird dinner that Michelle missed again.

Popular posts from this blog