I stumbled downstairs lazily for a glass of milk. I passed my mother in the living room, who was watching t.v. and talking on the phone with my dad. Opening the fride's door, I got out a half gallon of milk and poured myself a full cup. 'How strange..' I thought to myself,'Mom always buys the gallon of milk, not half gallon.' Stuffing the milk back in the fridge, I slammed the door shut and took a gulp of milk. The milk tasted.. like strawberries. A long pause, and I swallowed. Scrunching up my face, I jerked the door open and yanked out the half gallon. Sell by: May 07. 'Hm.' I thought,'Now why would a grocery store be selling expired milk?' Blanching at the awful taste, I yelled at my mom that the milk was expired. Sighing, she had told my dad to 'wait a second'. She took the half gallon took a small sip. "It tastes fine to me, Daphne." I give her a look and point to the 'sell by' date. I patiently tried to explain to her,"Nono no.. ya see, the sell by date is May 07." I looked at the date again to be sure that the letters and numbers were not playing tricks on me. Indeed, they were not. "Today's date is June 22." I glance at my mother who had already resumed her conversation with my father. Blinking and realizing the discussion was over, I walked by to the kitchen. 'hmm..' I once more returned to my thoughtful mode. 'It'd truly be a pity for me to pour it down the drain. I'll just stick it back in the fridge.. and see if Michelle will drink some more expired milk.' I closed the refridgerator door and bounded back up the stairs, having lost my desire for milk.
create a one page magazine advertisement for a fictional product or company whose logo or brand name is based on a mythological figure. the ad must be in full color on an eight and a half by eleven sheet of typing paper and mounted on a nine by twelve sheet of construction paper. you may not use clip art or other computer generated images, however you may use photographs you have taken of yourself of course, original drawings. your grade will be the overall attractiveness/neatness of your ad, its creativity, and the connection between the product/company and the mythological figure. this is due tuesday, october fifth (my dad's birthday) and counts as two daily grades. so, who wants to help me?!?!?!