I always did like dogs. ^_^ It just so happens that my cousin had to go out of town and left me with her cute, white handsome little dog. Not very big, and not very small, its ears are incredibly soft and his tail curls up onto his back, giving him a handsome appearance. This wasn't the first time we dog-sitted him, and my mother certainly made it clear that Hamlet wasn't welcome into our home due to potty problems. Unfortunately for my mom, we were their last resort, and so Hamlet was stuck with us. It's very cute upon entering the kitchen, you'll see the dog's face light up with such happiness, you can practically feel a glow coming off. "Awww.." I cooed, and I walked over to give him a soft pat on the head. He bounds toward me and jumps on me, claws out. He falls and his claws leave red scratches over my legs. "OW!" I hiss at him running several steps away. His shining face shows no remorse, and still, he is happy to see me, longing for a pat on the head. "NO!!" I cry at him, furious at my injuries."You don't get a pat on the head!!!" And without further ado, I had left for a friend's sleepover. Coming back home, my mother was not the happiest person alive. She brought me over to the kitchen where young Hamlet was and pointed to a spot on the wall. "Look at this!!" She said in a dangerous tone. "He peed on my wall." My mouth formed a small "o" and I was secretly thanksful that I wasn't the one to clean up that mess. She grabbed my arm again and pulled me over to where the kitchen ended and the living room began. Kitchen was tile, living room is carpet. She pointed to the plant that was on the border line. "Look at this!!" She shrieked, and I really didn't see anything. "He obviously thought the plant was a tree and he peed on the plant!! And on the carpet!!!" She expectantly looked at me, with hands on her hips, awaiting my reaction. But when I didn't give her one, she snorts and says,"This is why I don't want a dog!" And she angrily storms off, leaving me in the kitchen with Hamlet. "Hi Hammie!!" I raised my voice several octaves higher and knelt down on the floor, near his level. He pounces on me and my arms show several more red scratches. "Hello Ham-ham! Ham ham ham pam pam sam tam lamb mam bam nam vam ram whammie hammie!!" and I gave him several more rhymes as he pants heavily in my face, bad breath turning my happy face into a sour expression. "Wow,.. okay!" I fan the air around him and get up from the floor, escaping the foul air. My mother rejoins us as she takes some herbal medicine from the stove- something for her headaches. She leaves a small amount at the bottom of the bowl, and bends down to Hammie's level. "Come here Hammie.." She says tempting him. Immediately, he leaves my side and goes near the bowl, sniffing it. "MOM!" I yell at her that there are certain things dogs can or cannot eat. I pull Hamlet's collar, trying to get him away from the bowl as my mother continued to torture the poor dog. Apparently, my mother still bore grudges for when he peed on the wall, carpet and plant. "Mother!" I cry, struggling for control as the dog inches his way closer to the bowl. "Don't worry, Daphne.. the smell is so bad, he probably won't like it anyway." she continues to tempt and torture Hamlet until Michelle comes down and says "Mom! You're so mean!" We both give her disbelieving looks as she gets up and sets the bowl in the dishwasher. She gives us a 'hmph' and turns away, leaving the kitchen. 'well..' I thought to myself,'she's really made her point.' I look at Hammie, a tortured expression on his face. 'You really shouldn't mess up anything in the mom's kitchen..'
create a one page magazine advertisement for a fictional product or company whose logo or brand name is based on a mythological figure. the ad must be in full color on an eight and a half by eleven sheet of typing paper and mounted on a nine by twelve sheet of construction paper. you may not use clip art or other computer generated images, however you may use photographs you have taken of yourself of course, original drawings. your grade will be the overall attractiveness/neatness of your ad, its creativity, and the connection between the product/company and the mythological figure. this is due tuesday, october fifth (my dad's birthday) and counts as two daily grades. so, who wants to help me?!?!?!