For some odd unknown reason, my sister likes to read my blog aloud. She claims that they're 'funny' and I guess it humors her more when she announces it. As she opened up my blog page and read my latest entry, I half-listened to her while occupied with something else. A series of "the bed" was heard, and I looked up puzzled as why she would say "the bed" so many times. "Wait, read that part again, Michelle?" She read it aloud again, and this time, she laughed at the end of it rebuking at the silly repetition. "Shut up Michelle...I'm not perfect.." I grumbled to her as I trudged out of her room. Going back to my own computer, I pulled up my blog page, and to my embarrassment, a series of "the bed" followed one after the other and I decided that I was just too lazy to fix it. A little while later, Michelle comes out of her room and announces "I'm hungry". I spare her a glnace, and claim that I was thirsy. "Me too," she agreed. She says to me a bit off handed,"We don't have anymore milk." A knowing look fills my eyes and my silence encouraged her to continue. "Yeah and so I drank a full cup of milk this morning." A laugh bubbled out of me and I said to her,"Yeah, before daddy left this morning and you were still asleep, I had gotten out the milk and he told me that it was a little sour. So I drank only a little bit of it before nodding my head to concur and pouring it down the drain." My sister glared at me with slits for eyes as she bit out,"I drank an entire cup of expired milk because I didn't want to waste it! I only took a sip before I looked at the expiration date: may 28 and I said to myself that it's june 5. And after I looked at it, I downed the rest of the cup... I don't know why." She gave me a blank look and cried out,"Yay diarrhea!" and she jerked her arms upwards in exasperation. Hearing her words drip with sarcasm, I laughed at her, feeling her glare burn holes into me all the while.

Popular posts from this blog