It's so very difficult to find out how spiders get into the house. Even more difficult wasps. The fact that there was a wasp AND a spider (a nice fat one) inside my very own house, is quite the mind boggling mystery.

So I'm walking in the house, journeying to the other side when I see a black spot on the wall. Upon examining the spot closer, I observed that there were five hundred and two million red eyes and eight spindly legs. Letting a blood curdling scream out, I placed as much distance between the monster and myself.

Running to my mother, I pleaded with her to get rid of it. She walks over and looks at it. Although the spider was only two cm. wide, it still had eight legs and an infinite number of eyes. My mother fakes a thoughtful look for a little while, and then frankly informs me to get rid of it myself!! Thoroughly shocked and hurt, I dashed upstairs to get.. the hair spray.

Going upstairs, I observed yet another black spot contrasting with the white wall. Upon closer inspection, I notice that this creature has wings, and it also makes a nice deadly sound when it beat its wings together. Letting out another ear splitting scream, I bounded down the stairs in record time and screamed at my mother that there was a wasp.

The exasperated expression was so clearly obvious as she looked for a can of anti-wasp spray. Finding it, she slowly ascended the stairs with great slowness, while I urge her to make haste lest her family die. She exterminates the wasp and I return with a relieved smile on my face.

Then the thought strikes me. The spider was still very much alive and well! I go back to the spot where I last found it, and it was still there. Happy that the spider didn't sneak into my room or anything, I raced back upstairs to get the bottle of hair spray as I had intended. I found it in my mother's bathroom and emerge holding the bottle up victoriously. (hair spray makes things hard, right? well if the spider is sprayed, then it will be unable to move, and therefore dies!!!)

After spraying the spider a couple sprays, I saw it still moving. I was utterly horrified! The hairspray was supposed to work! I sprayed the spider one more time, pushing the top for about seven seconds straight, and the spider still moved! Frustrated, I was about to empty the whole bottle onto that invincible spider when I noticed a smell.

It smelled so strong and I came to the realization that the overpowering smell was that of the hairspray!! Panicking, I knew my mother would go ballistic to see the can wasted on one single insect. So I gave up on the spider and set the hairspray back to its rightful place. The spider? .. still in the house somewhere...

Popular posts from this blog