I have temporarily lost one of my five senses.I am the not-so-proud owner of a red nose that is incapable of performing its duties. (not so different from rudolph)

Mother is scared for my health and believes that Vitamin C will fix everything. I come down for dinner and at my place, and I see four cups of orange juice. (I had remembered from the previous day that she had forced me take four vitamin pills that were not chewable... and how i gagged at the unpleasantness as the taste lingered in my mouth.

I also clearly remembered that I swallowed the first pill downed with half a cup of water without too much difficulty. I never did like non-chewable substances. The second was a little harder, and it was unable to go down, so it was gagged back up, and I drank a full cup of water to wash it down. The third pill was swallowed after another cup of water, and my fourth came back up. You can only imagine the hatred I'm feeling towards the pill. So after another full cup of water the pill is swallowed.

The next day, mother picks me up after school and says "Another four pills!" and I had 'NEVER!' reverberating throughout my body. Instead, I bargained with her. I reasoned with my mother, and told her that I would rather drink FOUR cups of orange juice then try and swallow the pills while consuming large amounts of water.

Evening comes.. and I look at my mom who is trying by all means not to make eye contact with me, looking anywhere but in my direction, and trying to contain her laughter. For what must have been a full minute, I stared in disbelief, and I knew she knew that I was just kidding about the four cups of orange juice! She still evaded my look and I swear I felt my eye twitch (like in an anime!). Unable to hold it in any longer, my mother burst out laughing, stopped for a moment to catch her breath, asked what was wrong, and then laughed aloud once more.

... She definitely was not joking. I did have to consume four cups in the end.

Popular posts from this blog