I sometimes ask myself if I like rainy days. One of my mornings helped me to make my decision: I woke up to a rainy morning. Opening my eyes, I was greeted, not by the usual rays of sunshine that smile down upon me, but by a dark gloominess.. the darkness...it lulled me back to sleep tricking me into believing that it was still night! Bursting into my room and banging the door open none too quietly, my mother rushes in shouting,"It's raining!! We have to leave early, traffic will be heavy!!" and rushes out. Not at all happy from being torn from my sleep, I rise from my slumber with half closed eyes and try my best to get ready.. and so my mother drives me to school. And it began to rain a bit hard. Staring out the window, I began to sympathetically smile at the unfortunate souls that weren't smart enough to bring a raincoat/windbreaker. I, a very smart girl, brought out my windbreaker and was wearing it, confident I wouldn't get the least bit wet. Almost at my stop, I pulled my hoodie over my head making sure my hair wouldn't get wet. Opening the door and getting out of the car, a strong blast of wind hit me head on and blew my hood away soaking my hair and my glasses. Utterly horrified that my hair was getting wet, it suddenly hit me that once my hair has air dried, it would poof up! Panicking, I knew I had to get out of the rain fast (it did not occur to me that I should put back on my hood) and I ran through the rain, splashing in the puddles, therefore soaking my jeans and my shoes, and finally made it into the school building. Standing there like soaked dog from head to toe, I shook my head.. no I definitely do not like rainy days..

Popular posts from this blog