In my bathroom, there is a white, metal rod that fits between two walls and holds the shower curtain. If the rod is not stable, it will fall due to the force of gravity. It will fall, landing in the metal bathtub, making a metal against metal sound. The sound will be amplified by the height it is falling at.

I had just finished cleaning myself and I'm about to place my wet towel on the rod. I take notice that the rod is very high, higher than the last time- probably because it fell and was fixed by a parent of mine that placed it too high. So I look at the rod, and then to the towel draped over my arm, dripping.

Without hesitation, and without any thought, I took a chance and threw the wet towel into the air, hoping against all past experiences and wisdom accumulated, that it would land somewhat nicely onto the rod. Land the towel did. Landing on the rod, the soaked towel, which was heavier than usual, caused the rod to detach itself from the two walls.

The rod falls, and with it the shower curtain, and trailing behind not too far from the rod, is my towel. A "BOOM" so loud that my neighbors probably heard, so loud that I screamed, so loud my heart skipped a beat, so loud my mother came running up to see what the matter was (dad did not come. dad was watching some sports game). Trying to get out of this embarrassing situation, I smiled a wide and innocent smile at my mother.

She sighed, annoyed that she ran up the stairs for such a minor thing. As she's trying to place the rod back in it's original place, she asked me to call dad to help her. I yell for him a mom cringed at my volume. Within the span of a minute, he jogged up the stairs and goes," What's up Willie?" obviously, thinking this this was still great fun.

However, the joke was getting old... (not that it was ever funny in the first place) Fed up, I turn to my mother and complain loudly to her. She and my father had a small, little talk in the bathroom while I waited outside with immense satisfaction.

While my mom was still fixing the rod, my father came out of the bathroom and put his hand to the side of his mouth, in the act of telling a secret. He whispered," Willie!" and quickly bounded down the stairs, laughing like a madman.

Popular posts from this blog