We were all in the car, my father driving, my mother in the passenger seat, and me in the back. For some odd reason, my dad had chosen opera music to accompany us on the way to dinner. I never did like opera music.. it always struck notes that were too high for my liking. To make matters worse, my father had decided that he was going to sing along, and sang off-key on purpose thinking this was great fun. As he hit a particularly high note, he screeched it out making my mother close her eyes as if she was praying for patience, and making me cringe in the backseat. Gritting my teeth as my father continued to sing in awful tune, I politely asked him if we could listen to the radio instead and added a smile to convince him. He looks in the rearview mirror and smiles at me. A friendly smile. His face lights up as his smile widens. "No." he says without breaking his smile, and he diverts his eyes back onto the road. I'm gonna get him for that...

My parents ordered a coconut desert thing for me. Shaped like a hut, the coconut came to a point at the top. Making conversation with my mother I said,"Look Mommy!" I held the coconut in my hands and estimated its weight. Lightly hefting it in my hands I told her,"This would be a great defensive move to scare away some burgler or thief! Ya see, i could swing it at their heads, and they could easily be knocked out!! And you see this point at the top, Mommy? If I hit that point at a vital spot near their neck or something, they could die!!" I give her a bright eyed look while she sits their stunned in silence. After a moment, she shifts her body in a position where it looks like she's observing me and assumes a look of deep thinking. Her brows come together as she tries to think of what should be said. "Daphne.." she begins.. and cocks her head to the side and pauses.".. you watch too much television. Your brain is getting wacko.." My face screws up in confusion... wacko?? my brain?? never... ^_^

Popular posts from this blog