I don't fully comprehend how a wasp happens to get in my house. Travel through air vents perhaps? Flying in through the door? I don't understand how wasps get into my house. It's just.. beyond me...

This evening, I decided I was going to relax. Since I had procrastinated all during spring break piling up my homework so I could do it all sunday evening, I decided I deserved.. a brownie. Yes, a chocolate filled yummy in my tummy brownie. Oh the happiness I felt as I bounced up the stairs to eat it by the side of my beloved.. the laptop.

Setting myself comfortably upon the chair, I took one delicious filled bite of the brownie, and set it on the desk beside me. As I was working on my homework, what better way to give me a heart attack than a wasp landing on the desk. As my heart skipped a few beats, I leaped out of the chair and scrambled to the nearest corner- about two feet away from the dangerous critter. Not that far.

Eying the wasp making sure that it would make no suspicious moves, I was hoping to get past it so I could grab the can of wasp-be-gone can downstairs. Moving slowly as to not frighten the insect, I was appalled to see the wasp detach itself from the desk and lazily fly towards my direction. Letting loose a piercing scream, I ran as fast as I could and glided over the stairs to the comfort of the first story that was wasp-free. Wrenching open the cabinet that usually holds the family bug/insect repellent, I was infuriated that there was no spray can available. Making a mad dash for the stairs I prayed the wasp would not elude me and escape.

Entering the play room I looked for the wasp... everywhere... scanning the furniture, the toys, and bookshelf...panicking, I couldn't see the wasp.. WHERE WAS IT?!! Entering the playroom with much caution.. I made my way slowly to my laptop area while keeping an eye out for the wasp. Bit by bit, I settled in the chair still wary of the wasp.

A long moment lapsed, where there was silence, and stillness. Convinced that the wasp was now gone, I let out a sigh of relief. That scare certainly took a lot out of me, so I reached for my brownie. Some black blob was on it... Thinking it was chocolate, I took a closer look... chocolate doesn't have a head and wings..

A screech erupted from my throat and I threw myself halfway across the playroom. Frantically searching, I tried looking for something, anything, a box.. I recklessly sought out for a container maybe?? So I found one!! A clear plastic blue container in the shape of a box, had a handle on the top and opened sideways. Emptying the container of its contents... I opened the container and approached the wasp carefully. Quickly trapping the wasp and my precious brownie inside, I closed the latch that enabled it to "lock".

I was finally able to relax!! Looking down, I saw goosebumps covering my arms. My "brave deed of the day" was fulfilled! Triumphantly holding the container above my head, I beamed with pride at my intelligent way of capturing the wasp. Wait a minute.. I just remembered.. no applause would be given to me since my family had gone out to eat. "hm.." displaying the container on the kitchen table, I left to do my unfinished work.

It suddenly hit me.. I no longer had a brownie! Swinging 'round to give the wasp a dark look, I tried to kill it with my eyes. When that unsurprisingly didn't work, I decided to holler at it.. and after that, I decided to continue with my unfinished work. *whew* that horrible wasp was now gone.. all my problems gone.. my parents were home and were very proud of me. Life was happy again.. and my pet wasp "Meanie" is a new member of our family. (it's not my enemy as long as it is inside the container)

Finally able to relax in my chair, I heard the sound of a fly. Not a tiny, little, harmless fly. No, no.. looking up, I see one of the largest fruit flies in the world flying around the ceiling, circling aimlessly about in the air. Letting out yet another of my screams, I yelled for help.. "Gao ming!! Help me mommy!! Help me daddy!!!"

I paused in my pleading for help and listened... the television was still on with some sports announcer talking, and no footsteps coming to help.. Listening again, The piano playing of a song, and no footsteps coming to help.. no help for this poor unfortunate soul.. T_T

As the fly let out one of its infamous buzzing sounds, I screamed yet again asking for help.... when all of a sudden, a large black mosquito crosses my sight. At this point.. my eye twitched.. what's wrong with this house of mine?!?!? Too tired... at this rate, I'll never get my homework done..

Popular posts from this blog