The day started out nicely when I found out that I could get out of bed with my eyes open. Meeting at the pole to pray was a nice start of the school day. Orchestra came, and Mr. Isadore decided that he wanted us to listen to a some music by some fifty four year old guy named John Adams. He said he wanted us to be quiet and was serious about it because if we talked, it would ruin the mood. So we sat and were quiet. The music's purpose was for the September 11 incident's one year anniversary. It started with a tape recorded voice of a boy saying "missing" over and over and over again- with some scary background music. Then some names which I'm guessing were some of the ones that died. Then some more sad music with voices saying "I want to dig my father out. I know just where he is" and "I see water and buildings". After the music was done, we were told that the quotes in the music were really said by some people that were there. First period ended with no happy faces. Second period came and Mrs.Mcmahon said that we were going to watch a video clip she put together about Sunday's tsunami. After seeing dead bodies, people crying and drowning, second period ended with no happy faces. Then chinese period comes about and Mrs. Ting says that out class has to make a skit for "china night". She decided for us that we were going to base it on our everyday class. It was settled. Wayne Lin was volunteered to act as Mrs.Ting. The school day ended with a game of bingo in science class. You'd think bingo would be a happy game if old folks play it, but quite the opposite. I was one step away SEVERAL TIMES from winning bingo. It gets depressing after a while and you lose all hope of winning. I was beginning to think she was doing this on purpose- looking at our cards and seeing which ones that were left and PURPOSELY not call them...

Popular posts from this blog