An unusual thing happened today at the dinner table. While halfway through drinking the soup that Mother Chang labored over and worked very hard to make, I found a small, tan colored bug floating. At first, I thought,"Hey.. no biggie! It's just many of the items mum puts in the soup to make it favorable!" and then I saw the legs.
Screaming incoherently, I slam the bowl onto the table away from me, upsetting my mother. Not believing that there was a bug in my soup she takes the bowl away from me and inspects it herself. Checking it thoroughly, she finds out that it is, indeed, a bug. She takes it out of my soup and sighing heavily, she makes a comment about bugs having protein in them and shoves the bowl back to me.
I still refused to drink my soup claiming that it was now contaminated. My mother shot me a venomous glares, making it quite clear that I was in dangerous territory. She poured the soup down the drain and went to the pot to refill my bowl.
Interrupting her activity, I protested loudly at her, saying that I couldn't drink any more of it because the bug had probably already contaminated the whole pot! Everything became dangerously quiet and I said no more. She placed the refilled bowl in front of me and being the obedient daughter I was, I drank it down with no more comment.
Screaming incoherently, I slam the bowl onto the table away from me, upsetting my mother. Not believing that there was a bug in my soup she takes the bowl away from me and inspects it herself. Checking it thoroughly, she finds out that it is, indeed, a bug. She takes it out of my soup and sighing heavily, she makes a comment about bugs having protein in them and shoves the bowl back to me.
I still refused to drink my soup claiming that it was now contaminated. My mother shot me a venomous glares, making it quite clear that I was in dangerous territory. She poured the soup down the drain and went to the pot to refill my bowl.
Interrupting her activity, I protested loudly at her, saying that I couldn't drink any more of it because the bug had probably already contaminated the whole pot! Everything became dangerously quiet and I said no more. She placed the refilled bowl in front of me and being the obedient daughter I was, I drank it down with no more comment.